jueves, 9 de octubre de 2008

velvet suit

I just went grocery shopping and saw a man in a black velvet suit.  At first, I thought I had something in my contacts.  I was even tempted to reach out and touch the velvet!  Fortunately, I restrained myself.  Getting a closer look while waiting for the pedestrian light to change, I knew for sure that my contacts had not fooled me; the man wore brown leather shoes, a white shirt with blue stripes, a tie (I forget what color), and yes, a black velvet suit.  He looked like he was on his way home from work.  Wow.

In other news, I am completely mute.  I lost my voice!  I'm told this sometimes happens to new teachers.  Others at my school say my vocals will eventually develop calluses like worn feet.   For now, each day is a like a non-stop game of charades.   

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

"he wore black velvet, blacker than velvet were his eyes..."

;)