(note: one student answered that "the best" countries speak English. That is why I wrote "some economically wealthy countries speak English" on the board.)
2 comentarios:
Anónimo
dijo...
but i guess "economically wealthy" is not exactly "good", is that right?
I find it extremely comfortable to live in an economically wealthy country. So it is "good" to me. However, I didn't want to say that the "best" countries speak English because I didn't think our class should give the impression that those countries are better than others. Using the word "best" implies a comparison of better and worse.
2 comentarios:
but i guess "economically wealthy" is not exactly "good", is that right?
I find it extremely comfortable to live in an economically wealthy country. So it is "good" to me. However, I didn't want to say that the "best" countries speak English because I didn't think our class should give the impression that those countries are better than others. Using the word "best" implies a comparison of better and worse.
Publicar un comentario