As some of you already know, Montse recently adopted a donkey. Everyone I've told usually laughs at the comment, but Montse has suggested that I present the information differently. While the truth is that Montse is a sucker for all animals, I've been telling people that she is of noble class and adopting donkeys is a trendy thing to do for people of high society. In fact, the queen of Spain, Reina Sofía, has a few donkeys herself. To get on with my story, I decided to meet Lucero (Montse's donkey) who now lives at a donkey refugee farm called Burrolandía (Donkey Land).
Montse and I drove to the country to visit Lucero last Sunday. Seeing all of the donkeys made me think of
Pinocchio-- you know, the part where the little boys go to Pleasure Island and start turning into donkeys (
click here to watch it). If I ever adopt a donkey, I think I'd name him Pinocchio.
oh, and I met a deer there. And I got a chance to pet the deer before it tried to attack me. cool, huh?
the deer (it looked pretty fat compared to the ones I've seen in Pennsylvania):
Some donkeys:
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario